Monday, September 27, 2010

September 20th - 26th

Well it was an interesting week but not a bad one by any means. Here is the breakdown.

Monday: Off. Ran yesterday and it felt pretty good but I go lazy and decided not to get out the door.

Tuesday: 8 (57:10)
Well look at this for a "long" run. I was not planning on going this long but I ended up taking a wrong turn and this is what I got for it. I finished the run and felt really good but there were some nasty hills on the route that I am sure to run into again at some point in my time here. I did find some nice trails that I am going to run at some point.

Wednesday: 7
Little sore from yesterday but I still had a good one

Thursday: 6
Real EASY. We are talking like 8:15 pace at best for the average of this run. I was thinking about weather it is about getting back to the normal 6:45-7:00 min pace that I usually run at and getting the mileage in or if it is about taking it slow and putting the time in but not the mileage. Not really sure right now.

Friday: 7ish
Not really sure on the distance of this run but it was a good one for sure. I went with one of the students from the Catholic Center and a girl from his dorm. And man was she pretty amazing. I would be willing to bet that we were running pretty dang close to 7:00 pace and she was having no problem keeping up with us. Funny thing is, is that she told me she was only a 20-21 min 5k runner. Something was just not adding up on that. None the less I may just have to give that girls name to the cross team and see what they can do with it.

Saturday: Off
I was thinking that it might be a good day to not run today as my knee was a bit swollen. I am really thinking that the cartilage has taken a turn into a spot that is starting to aggravate the area more than normal. My knee does not per say hurt all that much but the swelling is causing some of the tendons to rub the wrong way.

Sunday: 6
Easy recovery run that I ran pretty late at night on a dark path that creeped the crap out of me. Stopped to stretch a couple of times to rub out the knee.

Total: 35 miles!!

Overall: A week that I was pretty pleased with. I know I am probably starting out to fast but I do not really care all that much. I can handle it but I am not sure if my current knee can. So I am thinking that I am going to take it easy for the next week and see what I can do. There is a 5k that I want to run this weekend but that will depend on how the next couple days go. Plus I just found out that I may be able to get this knee problem taken care of sooner than I thought.

No comments: