Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 20th - 26th

Well an over all pretty good week. Just took it real easy due to the fact that I have not raced in quite some time and I was not sore at all. I guess I had never gotten a massage immediately after a race before either so maybe that was it but dang the legs felt good all week.

Sunday - About 15 miles
Half marathon - 1:15:14
2 mile warmup and no cooldown

Monday - 6 miles (44:10)

Tuesday - 8 miles (55:48)

Wednesday - 6 miles (44:32)

Thursday - 5.5 miles (38:45)

Friday - Off

Saturday - 10 miles (1:12:04)

Week total - 51

Not too bad with a day off.

So as I mentioned at the beginning I took the entire week real easy. Even though I felt great and super motivated coming off of this race I am thinking that it is in my best interest to take it easy for the week and then figure out what I am going to do from here. Right now it is looking like I am not going to race again until the May 15th down in the Boston area on the track. I have no clue where I am at in turns of being able to run on the track but I am thinking that that will be a good time to find out. I do not think that I am ready to go and pound one out on the track quite yet but in a month and a half I think I will be ready. So far everything still feels pretty good with the knee there is a little worry but i do not think that it is much of anything. Going to try get in a couple workouts this week and see how things go with those. Until next time. Happy running.

No comments: